Saturday, July 23, 2011

Just two short months ago...


I wrote this post back in May, hoping it would get me started back into the blogging world. That was two months ago so.... maybe it was just a start. Fast forward two months later and we now have an idea of what God has in store.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I believe it has been almost two years since I last posted on our blog. I got sucked into the wonderful world that is Face~book. I began posting my pictures and updating our adventures there and since all of my blogging friends and family were there too, it just seemed redundant to post on our blog as well. Recently, I have felt a tug. A tug that led to a nudge. A nudge that led to a shove. And a shove that led to an all out, tripping over yourself, push. I have a renewed passion to live like Jesus. To abandon the pursuit of the American Dream and to be the hands and feet of our precious Lord and Savior. I have no idea what His plan for us is, but our plan is to glorify Him. We want to live each day as an example to our kids and the world around us. My heart is burdened for the orphans of China. People often wonder, "Why China?" My only answer is because China is what God laid on my heart. And thankfully, on my husband's heart as well. I feel that God has big plans for us and I cannot wait to see what He has in store! Of course, in the meantime, we will just continue to embrace life with love and laughter.... and a lot of carpools, baseball games, dance lessons, Scout trips, spend the night parties, homework....
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment