Monday, July 16, 2012

Sunday Snapshot

It has been awhile since I have done a Sunday Snapshot. The rules have changed but only to make it even better and to stretch our photography skills even farther. I chose this photo because I love it. Everything about it but most of all, the meaning behind it.




My sorority sisters from, let's just say, a few years back sneaked and planned and plotted a celebration of epic proportions to welcome the new boys to our family. By this point (and honestly way earlier in the evening), Joe was overwhelmed by the chanting, yelling, singing, hugging, loving, belly flop contest winning sisters of Sigma K. While he sat on the deck above, Leon and I managed to win a dancing contest against Russ, Robbie and Sam hosted by none other than Elvis himself. It was an amazing night filled with love and laughter. Welcome to America, son. Thank you. Thank you very much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took this with my Nikon D7000 and my 50mm 1.8 lens. My settings were ISO 640, f/4, 1/100. The day was overcast and the lighting was good so minimal editing in LR was needed. I felt like this day was a stretch for my photography skills because I wanted to enjoy the day, there was a ton of action, the lighting was constantly changing and I had to adjust where I stood with my fixed lens depending on the number of people in each shot all while manually adjusting all of my settings.



Ni Hao Yall

1 comment:

  1. What a fun picture!
    And those sound like some wonderful friends :)

    ReplyDelete